What To Expect
We are excited to have you as a new patient!
We offer two choices for your consultation with Dr. McCoy.
Dr. McCoy can evaluate your smile using our website’s Virtual Treatment portal while you stay in the comfort of your own home, or you can request an in-office consultation.
You can even do both, so if you do use our Virtual Treatment portal and feel like you also want an in-office consultation, we can make that happen for you, too!
Our Virtual Treatment page teaches you how to take photos and upload them so Dr. McCoy can plan your treatment. Don’t worry, you’ll do fine with this, and eventually we will be taking our own photos and a scan in the office, anyway. The purpose of your sending us photos is to propose treatment and a fee to you without your having to leave your home!
Once we receive your Virtual Treatment photos, Dr. McCoy personally reviews the photos and your concerns and replies to you via email with his thoughts regarding how we can help your smile. Dr. McCoy copies our office manager on that email to you so that our manager can provide some additional information to you as well, like fees and taking records.
Using our Virtual Treatment portal is a wonderful way to get a personalized understanding of why your teeth look the way they look and how Dr. McCoy feels he can improve your smile. It’s a great way to begin your dialogue with Dr. McCoy one on one.
Dr. McCoy has over 30 years of orthodontic experience and over 20 years of Invisalign experience (the Invisalign company is only six months older than that). Dr. McCoy will be able to formulate a very good idea of what you need from your photos. Then, we can guide you through the process of getting started. It’s that easy!
To use our Virtual Treatment portal, just click on the blue Virtual Treatment tab at the bottom, left. This is brand new stuff and really cool and convenient, and isn’t that what makes life simpler?
So, do your best and get those photos to us so Dr. McCoy can let you know what we can do for you!
We still do in-office consultations, so you can simply reply to this email asking for one if you would like to skip the Virtual Treatment photo step. We do hope you will try our Virtual Treatment portal for the fastest, personalized response.
Please take a look at our Before and After page on our website, to see some of the marvelous work that Dr. McCoy is capable of doing for you:
The purpose of the initial examination and Virtual Treatment photos is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Digital study models of your teeth taken with our 3D iTero scanner. No bulky dental impressions!
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs are taken for Dr. McCoy to evaluate.
- Dr. McCoy does an analysis of the diagnostic records and will determine the best course of treatment for you. Alternative treatments will also be discussed. You are part of the decision-making process!
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. Our treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and we accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my orthodontic investment include?
Your orthodontic investment with Dr. McCoy includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, a digital scan of your teeth to make study models and a personalized treatment plan workup to achieve your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with Invisalign or braces, which includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to look into it and perhaps join your plan or we will file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.